Hey there everyone,
Due to the recent influx in Free tutorial submissions, we have decided to publish a set of guidelines for both free, and paid templates to help reduce the number of rejections coming out of your hard work.
We love free stuff, and don’t want to discourage anyone from providing free stuff on GShelper.com. However, even with the free stuff we feel its very important the templates are a very high quality. Please keep this in mind when making your free templates. They don’t have to have high class art or anything, but they do need to work basically flawlessly. Nobody is going to learn anything from a half baked demo that is full of bugs. Next, we also need to keep in mind that we are not going to have multiple free templates that do the same thing, so unless you come up with a new and improved way of doing something that is already listed on GShelper.com, please don’t spend a bunch of time creating something we are not going to list. We fully appreciate you wanting to send free stuff, but we also cannot have a jumbled mess of demos where nothing can be found. Next, Even if its free it has to be your work to distribute. No listing freebies you found on other sites, or freebies you were given by other users. If they want them distributed, they need to list them on their own. Please keep in mind when you list a freebie. If you don’t want the art to be used you need to watermark it. Don’t include sounds if you don’t have the rights, or don’t want them used. Besides watermarking artwork, freebies are fair game. You cannot add Terms and Conditions for there use such as credits to yourself and GShelper.com. And lastly, please do not create free versions of the existing paid templates on GShelper.com. The developers that have listed paid templates have put in a lot of time creating those works, and deserve to not be undercut with a freebie.
So, to sum up Free Templates;
– High quality functionality. (fancy art is not required) Watermark your art if you don’t want to give it away and make sure you put in the description the art is not included.
– Make sure its not a duplicate of an already free template.
– Do not duplicate paid templates and list them for free.
– You must be the creator/owner of the work being listed. Even if it’s free.
– No special Terms and Conditions for using the freebies.
For Paid Templates. Most of those rules still apply. Though, we might be compelled to list a second template of the same style game, those cases will be handled case by case. Just know that if your offering something similar to another template on GShelper.com, its going to get some extra scrutiny for obvious reasons, as well as to make sure there is something that sets it apart from the others already on gshelper.com. We would also reserve the right to offer discounts within reason when we have sales here at GSHelper.com
Again, high quality is the key. You still don’t have to include amazing artwork or anything, but we expect even higher quality functionality from the paid stuff. Make sure if you don’t want artwork to be included you watermark it in a way it will be useless in a published app. There are no additional terms allowed for the paid templates. Once they buy them, they can use the code how they want, with the exception of re-listing it as a paid, or free template.
To sum up the Paid Templates, again;
– High quality functionality (fancy Art is not required) Watermark your art if you don’t want to give it away and make sure you put in the description the art is not included.
– Make sure its not a duplicate of an already paid template (Exception: you have created a new way of doing a similar style game).
– You must be the creator/owner of the work being listed.
– No special Terms and Conditions for Paid Templates (Beyond Watermarked Artwork and Restrictions from re-listing as their own paid or Free Template).
I hope that helps clear up some confusion we have been having, and we look forward to seeing what you list on GShelper.com. We have someone keeping up on all the new submission reviews now, so things will move a bit faster if you chose to list something for sale on GShelper.com.